Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Niao Chao Views

Of course the Niao Chao gets its name from the steel lattice like webbing, which resembles a “bird's nest,” enclosing the actual stadium. While I never got a good picture of the stadium, my Chinese friend in our sister company passed on to me a really nice shot she took of it while carrying out her liaison/hosting duties.

After we finished paying a quick visit to the Niao Chao's upper level seating areas, Mike and Xu Mei headed off to visit the Olympic Green area. I stayed in the Niao Chao for a bit longer. On the way over to the upper level seats, it struck me that I could get some cool photos shooting through the open steel lattice work and using it to frame the views looking out from the Niao Chao.

The blue building in the photo below is the 34 story Ming Ren Plaza (名人广场; rising tone “ming” and “ren”, falling tone “guang”, and a falling and rising “chang”), which is where I work in Beijing.

The next photo is the so-called “Pretty” shopping mall and high rise, which is across the street (the Anli Lu) from the Ming Ren Plaza.

The next photo is a shot looking north toward a media communications tower outside the Niao Chao.

And the last photo is also looking north, this time to some high-rise apartment buildings.






No comments: