Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fall flowers in front of the Forbidden City

I was busier than usual during this year's National Day Holiday, but still managed to squeeze in a relatively quick visit to Tian'anmen Square on the way over to the Cui Wui shopping mall/department store in West Beijing. Each year our company gives us a card worth 2,000 RMB to shop there or at the North Star Shopping Mall opposite our Ren Ming Plaza corporate headquarters near the Bird's Nest Olympic Stadium.

Unlike the rest of the National Day holiday, this particular day was a bright and sunny blue sky day. As is usually the case when I'm out and about in Beijing, I had my camera with me and spent about two hours enjoying the weather, people-watching and taking photos.

The Olympic floral display photos were not the only shots I took that day at Tian'anmen Square. I also shot the photo posted above of the Forbidden City's South Wall and Entrance. In addition to the beautiful shrubs and flowers, I quite impressed on this occasion, as on other similar occasions while visiting this place, by all of the banners fluttering in the stiff breeze.

No comments: